Bio of Greg Clendenin, CEO of The Clendenin Consulting Group
- Graduate of Liberty University in Lynchburg, Virginia; B.A. in General Studies.
- MBA Graduate with honors; Crummer Graduate School of Business at Rollins College.
INDUSTRY INVOLVEMENT HAS INCLUDED:
- Board member, NPMA.
- Received the National Leadership Award from industry peers in 2003.
- Board Member and past chairman of the Quality Pro program, NPMA.
- Past Chairman of the National Lawn Care Committee, National Pest Management Association (NPMA).
- Speaker at industry meetings and conferences.
- Greg began his career in the lawn and pest control in 1979. In 1982, Greg became the General Manager and partner of Middleton Lawn & Pest Control, eventually becoming CEO and leading Middleton to become the 15th largest company in an industry comprised of approximately 20,000 companies in 2005. Greg led the organic growth of Middleton from five employees and $488 thousand in annual revenue in 1982 to approximately 300 employees and annual revenues of $35 million in 2005. This was accomplished with no acquisitions. During Greg’s tenure as CEO of Middleton from 1996-2005, Middleton grew from $8 million to $35 million in annual revenue without any acquisitions…adding $27 million of organic revenue in nine years. After the acquisition of Middleton in 2005, Greg was the CEO of the public company from June 2005 until October of 2007. While Middleton was a full-service pest control company, it was also the 5th largest lawn care/spray company in the nation.
- In 1989, Greg also became a partner and the Vice President of Operations for Sears Authorized Termite and Pest Control as well as a member of the Board of Directors of All America Termite and Pest Control, Inc dba Sears Authorized Termite and Pest Control. During Greg’s tenure as COO, the revenue grew from $35 million to over $100 million. The vast majority of this growth was organic. The company had 100 locations in nine states and was the largest privately held pest control company in the nation in 1996.
- In 2000, under Greg’s direction, Middleton received the first Environmental Excellence award from the Orange County Environmental Protection Division. This was the first time a pest control company had ever received this award.
- In 1999, following Greg’s initiative, Middleton established the first complete website in the industry with the ability to allow customers to purchase and schedule services online.
- From 2005 to 2007, Greg led the negotiations, acquisition and integration of 12 companies into the Middleton platform.
- Over the course of his career, Greg was the senior lead in overseeing the acquisition and/or sale of 25 companies.
- From 2010-2018, Greg held senior level management positions including CEO of Heron Lawn and Pest Control, later rebranded as Heron Home & Outdoor.
COMMUNITY INTERESTS AND ACCOMPLISHMENTS HAVE INCLUDED:
- Finalist, Entrepreneur of the Year Award, Center for Entrepreneurship, Crummer Graduate School of Business at Rollins College.
- Personal awards include the Gov. Lawton Chiles’ Corporate Champion Award from the Howard Phillips Center for Children and Families, the Leadership Award from the Department of Juvenile Justice and the Excellence Award from the Orange County Citizens’ Commission for Children.
- Member of the Orlando Mayor’s Parramore Neighborhood Revitalization Task Force, by personal Mayoral appointment.
- Chairman of the Public Safety and Public Works Committee, Orlando Parramore Revitalization Task Force, 2004.
- Received the Key to The City of Orlando from Mayor Glenda Hood on February 15, 2003.
- Member of the elected board of the Florida Citrus Sports Association.
- Member of the Board of Overseers, Crummer Business School at Rollins College.
- Member of Board of Directors, Center for Entrepreneurship, Crummer Graduate School of Business at Rollins College.
- Member of Mayor’s Safe Orlando Task Force, by personal Mayoral appointment.
- Leadership Council, Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra.
- CEO, Vision 360, global church planting organization, volunteer position.
- Member of the Board of Regents, Liberty University.
- Member of the Alumni Board, Crummer Graduate School of Business.